- 13 Rallies By Rahul Gandhi In Congress Plans For 80 Lok Sabha Seats In UP NDTV News
- JD(S) may get 4-6 seats in deal with Congress Times of India
- Lok Sabha polls: Congress ready to contest in Uttar Pradesh without alliance, says party leader Rajiv Bakshi Firstpost
- To make Uttar Pradesh Congress poll-ready, reshuffle likely The Indian Express
- "Ready To Go It Alone": Congress Leader Amid Talks Of UP Alliance Snub NDTV News
- View full coverage on Google News
The Congress is planning to gatecrash the Mayawati-Akhilesh Yadav party in Uttar Pradesh a day after being left out of the coalition. The party is planning to hold 13 rallies in the state and contest all 80 Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh.
BENGALURU: JD(S) supremo HD Deve Gowda faces a complex fight for survival, both locally and nationally.
Discussing the Congress' poll preparedness, Bakshi said the party has an organisation and is getting ready for an election.
Sources in the party said that the state is likely to be divided into different zones with each covering about 10 Lok Sabha regions. Senior leaders and prominent leaders, who would not be contesting elections, are likely to be made in charge of these zones.
The Congress is ready to contest the Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh on its own, a senior state leader said on Friday amid speculation that the party will be kept out of an alliance between Samajwadi Party and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) in the state.