- Australian Open 2019: Nadal, Sharapova Issue Early Warning With Convincing Wins News18
- Australian Open 2019: Ruthless Maria Sharapova makes point after serving double bagel to Harriet Dart Times Now
- Rafael Nadal blazes through to Australian Open second round Times of India
- Heat not as extreme as expected, but 'neck sausages' in demand at first day of the Open The Age
- Australian Open 2019: Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova Register First Round Victories NDTV Sports
- View full coverage on Google News
A ruthless Rafael Nadal showed no mercy in a clinical first round thumping at the Australian Open as fellow veteran Maria Sharapova issued her own warning with a
Australian Open 2019: Five-time Grand Slam winner Maria Sharapova arrived at Melbourne Park as the 30th seed after failing to impress at Grand Slam level since returning from a doping ban in 2017.
Rafael Nadal is bidding to become the first man in the Open era, and only third in history along with Roy Emerson and Rod Laver, to win each Grand Slam on two or more occasions.