- Can the SP-BSP Alliance Take on the Modi Juggernaut Without Congress? The Wire
- Congress to contest all 80 seats in UP for 2019 Lok Sabha elections Times of India
- Congress Says Will Contest All 80 UP Seats, Plans 13 Rahul Gandhi Rallies NDTV News
- The big news: Justice AK Sikri rejects nomination to Commonwealth tribunal, and 9 other top stories Scroll.in
- Bhim Army Chief Backs SP-BSP Alliance, But Bats for RLD's Inclusion News18
- View full coverage on Google News
Even though the Congress was not taken on board, the door has been kept open by both alliance partners for a post-election handshake.
India News: The announcement comes a day after SP and the BSP announced alliance for the Lok Sabha polls in UP. Senior Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad added tha
The Congress is planning to gatecrash the Mayawati-Akhilesh Yadav party in Uttar Pradesh a day after being left out of the coalition. The party is planning to hold 13 rallies in the state and contest all 80 Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh.
Other headlines: The Congress will contest all 80 Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh, and an Indian soldier honey-trapped by an ISI agent was arrested.
Bhim Army chief Chandrashekhar Azad argued that the SP-BSP alliance should have included the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) to further strengthen it in its fight against the BJP.