- Chief selector identifies role for Shubman Gill; says discussions held with Rahul Dravid Hindustan Times
- "Discussed With Rahul Dravid, Shubman Gill Is Ready For International Cricket": Chief Selector MSK Prasad | Cricket News NDTV Sports
- How Agarwal was ‘Gilled’ Mumbai Mirror
- Want to learn a lot from Virat Kohli: Shubman Gill Hindustan Times
- No Better Place to Make my India Debut Than New Zealand, Says Gill The Quint
- View full coverage on Google News
The chairman of selectors also spoke about how they had to go against the popular sentiment when they rested Jasprit Bumrah for the two Tests against the West Indies.
Shubman Gill and Vijay Shankar were called up to replace the suspended duo of KL Rahul and Hardik Pandya.
Youngster Shubman Gill gets the nod ahead of injured Mayank Agarwal for New Zealand tour. Shubman Gill came into the equation in the late-night talks.
After his batting brilliance in the victorious India U-19 World Cup team in 2018 – he was player of the tournament -- and then in first class cricket, the 19-year-old Shubman Gill is on the verge of making his father’s dream come true after being selected to the India squad for the upcoming ODI and T20 series in New Zealand.
Shubman Gill has broken into the national team sooner than he expected and says there can’t be a better place to start his international career than New Zealand, where he was named player of U-19 World Cup, 12 months ago.