- China posts strongest export growth in seven years in 2018 despite trade war Moneycontrol.com
- China trade slowdown sparks fresh global economic fears - business live The Guardian
- China's exports saw biggest fall for two years in December BBC News
- China's global trade surplus fell in 2018: Customs Moneycontrol.com
- View full coverage on Google News
The world's largest trading nation got off to a strong start in 2018, but pressure on the economy started to build later in the year as the United States and China began imposing tariffs on each other's goods and global demand started to cool.
Chinese exports slumped in December, but the annual surplus with the US hit a record high in 2018 despite Donald Trump’s attempts to narrow it
Both exports and imports fell last month, but the trade surplus with the US hit a record high in 2018.
China's surplus with the US is a hot-button issue with the administration of President Donald Trump, which slapped new import tariffs on billions of dollars worth of Chinese goods last year.