- Congress demands CVC KV Chowdary’s removal: ‘He is govt puppet’ The Indian Express
- Chief Vigilance Commissioner Acted Like Government's "Puppet": Congress NDTV News
- Gadkari, Swaraj, Jaitley Didn’t Want CBI Chief Removed; Why Was Only PM Issuing Orders At Midnight: Rah... News18
- ‘Acted like puppet in hands of government’: Congress seeks CVC’s removal over CBI row Hindustan Times
- CBI row: Congress seeks immediate removal of CVC Times Now
- View full coverage on Google News
Congress spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi said the CVC had acted as an “ambassador” for former CBI Special Director Rakesh Asthana, and as an agent and messenger of the government to do “their hatchet jobs”.
A three-member high-powered committee headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a 2:1 decision removed Alok Verma as CBI director, making him possibly the first chief in the history of the agency to face such action.
The Congress alleged that CVC K V Chowdary is being made to “act like a puppet” to avoid any probe into the Rafale case.
Congress spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi said the Selection Committee removed Verma based on Asthana's charges, whose plea to quash the FIR against him was dismissed by the Delhi High Court.