- Infosys Q3 results pack a punch Livemint
- Infosys rallies 3% after Q3 show; Look what top brokerages say Economic Times
- Infosys Q3 review: Should you buy, sell or hold the stock? Moneycontrol.com
- Infosys shares jump on higher growth forecast Livemint
- View full coverage on Google News
Infosys trades at a sizeable valuation discount vis-à-vis bigger rival TCS, and the large share buyback should also help support the former’s stock
It approved a Rs 8,260-crore share buyback -- the second in less than 13 months.
The IT major reported 12 percent quarter on quarter (QoQ) decline in December quarter net profit to Rs 3,609 from Rs 4,110 crore last quarter
Infosys, which announced Q3 earnings after market hours on Friday, predicts revenue will expand as much as 9% from an earlier target of 8%
Domestic stock markets started Monday's session on a weak note, after growth in industrial production crashed to the lowest level recorded since June 2017. The Sensex fell as much as 274 points in early trade to hit 35,735, and the broader Nifty declined 85 points to touch 10,709. A broad-based selloff, led by financial, metal and energy stocks dragged the markets lower. Weakness in other Asian markets, where equities receded from recent highs, after the release of Chinese trade data also hurt investor sentiment.