- Stung by controversy, Justice Sikri turns down government offer The Indian Express
- Supreme Court Judge AK Sikri, Who Voted To Remove CBI Chief, Rejects Centre's Offer NDTV News
- Modi Government Sending Justice Sikri to Commonwealth Tribunal, MEA Sources Confirm The Wire
- Justice Sikri withdraws consent to govt offer to nominate him to CSAT Times of India
- Justice AK Sikri, SC Judge Who Voted Against CBI Chief, Turns Down Govt Offer News18
- View full coverage on Google News
After reports about his selection as a member of the London-based Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal (CSAT), Justice Sikri is learnt to have written to the Law Ministry on Sunday evening to formally turn down the offer.
Supreme Court judge AK Sikri, whose vote helped decide CBI chief Alok Verma's removal from the top post, has turned down a post-retirement offer from the government.
Sikri was nominated for the coveted sinecure in November last year. This week, he voted alongside the prime minister to sack the CBI director.
India News: Justice AK Sikri on Sunday withdrew his consent to a government offer to nominate him for president/member in the London-based Commonwealth Secretaria
It is reported that Justice Sikri's consent was sought in the first week of December 2019 and has no connection with the CBI matter for which he became the CJI nominee only in January.