- Ten per cent EWS quota to come into force in Gujarat Economic Times
- Gujarat To Adopt 10% Quota In Jobs For Economically Weak With One Condition NDTV News
- Day after President’s nod, Gujarat becomes first state to implement 10% upper castes quota Hindustan Times
- 10% 'forward quota' in Gujarat from today Times of India
- 10% EWS quota to come into force in Gujarat from January 14 Moneycontrol.com
- View full coverage on Google News
The Constitutional amendment to provide the 10 per cent quota received assent of President Ram Nath Kovind Saturday.
Gujarat has decided to implement 10 % reservation in government jobs for people from economically weaker sections in the general category from January 14, 2019.
Chief Minister Vijay Rupani said that the 10 per cent reservation will be in addition to the 7 per cent quota for SCs, 15 per cent for STs and 27 per cent for the OBCs in the state.
India News: Gujarat on Sunday became the first state in the country to announce that it would implement the 10% reservation for economically weaker sections (EWS)
The Constitutional amendment to provide the 10 percent quota received assent of President Ram Nath Kovind on January 12.