- Wholesale inflation falls to 9-month low of 3.8% in December Times Now
- Wholesale inflation at 3.8% in December vs 4.64% in November Moneycontrol.com
- India’s Wholesale Inflation Eases More-Than-Expected To 3.8% In December BloombergQuint
- Wholesale inflation falls to 3.80% in December CNBCTV18
- Wholesale Inflation Eases To 8-Month Low Of 3.80% NDTV News
- View full coverage on Google News
The lower reading in WPI numbers for the month of December was led by primary articles, food article and fuel, which run in negative
According to the government data, deflation in food articles stood at 0.07 percent in December against 3.31 percent in November.
Inflation based on wholesale prices moderated in December led by a fall in fuel price. Wholesale inflation fell to 3.8 percent in December compared with 4.64 percent in the previous month, according to data from the Ministry of Commerce.
Wholesale inflation in food rose to 0.07 percent as against a -1.96 percent in November 2018. WPI inflation in primary articles also rose to 2.28 percent versus 0.88 percent in the previous month.Get latest Economy online at cnbctv18.com
Food inflation stood at - or the rate of increase in food prices - was at 0.07 per cent last month, as against a food deflation of 1.96 per cent in November 2018, theMinistry of Commerce and Industry said in a statement.